Komodo Islands Day Trip Boat Charter
Sailing to an island where sea monsters roam the depths, and a population of 4,000 venomous dragons wander freely across the land irrespective of the presence of humankind may sound like the plotline to a 1950s B-movie, but is in fact a fair description of what you can expect on an extended overnight charter cruise to the islands that make up Komodo National Park.
Though known across the globe for its resident ‘dragons’, the largest lizard on earth and a type of giant monitor which can grow to a length of three metres and weigh in at 70 kilos, the protected waters around the islands are worthy of exploration in their own right and are also a huge draw for divers.
A private boat charter offers a perspective to Komodo Island unachievable any other way, with the opportunity to drift amid secluded bays including one of Indonesia’s only pink beaches – Pantai Merah – the result of these shorelines being created over thousands of years with coral debris mixed into the sands.
Then there are the fishing villages such as Kampung Komodo, a 30-minute boat ride from Loh Liang National Park (part of the larger Komodo National Park). Made up of around 1,000 people from the Bugis ethnic group (first sent to the island as convicts, but a long time ago), a visit provides an insight into the everyday life of villagers in a part of the world dominated by its lizards, with traditional stilt homes (and not so traditional communications by satellite) as brightly-decorated birds scuttle about the forest edges.
But that’s certainly not the end to the impressive natural spectacle that is Komodo, with the island hosting some of the most diverse underwater environments to be found anywhere on the planet. Dolphins skim the link between air and sea, while below them Manta Ray and six species of shark glide serenely over literally hundreds of species of coral. The presence of these large predators in such numbers can mean only one thing, a huge number of fish for them to feed on.
All in all, you’ll realise when you’re sailing around Komodo on an extended overnight charter, that there are thousands of points at which you could lay anchor, and hundreds of dive sites, suitable for all manner of levels, from nervous snorkellers to confident scuba divers. There are steep walls of coral built up over centuries that plunge into the deep (and also shallower) reefs, and even river estuaries where dugong are known to feed.
Situated on the migratory pathways of many species, and close to where the Pacific and Indian oceans meet one another, the waters off Komodo are also a phenomenal place to watch for the tell-tale signs of whale, not to mention for five of the six ocean going species of sea turtle that mean you might never want to leave.
Anema Komodo Catamaran Cruise offering guests all the facilities expected of a 5 Star retreat. The cabins are perfectly designed to welcome families or groups. The interior architecture of this catamaran cruise are very elegant and modern. The 2 large decks open onto the sea, stunning the sense to one of the New Seven Natural Wonders of the World. The 4 Cabins, elegantly designed with a large wrap around windows, offer amazing views of breath taking landscapes.
- Visit Liang Bua: The cave where recently the bones of the short Homo Floresiensis (the hobbit) have been excavated by scientists
- Explore the Komodo Dragon. This largest living lizard on earth lives on 3 islands Rinca, Padar & Komodo and some parts of West Flores. Its length can go up to 3 meters with weight of up to 90 kilo.
- After 1 ½ hour sailing we reach Loh Buaya. Led by a local ranger 2 hour soft trekking through forest and savanna. Komodo Dragons are often spotted on the way
- Pink Beach. This trip over blue tropical waters and past hundreds of small island will take approximately 3 hours. Lunch on board. At Pink Beach time to discover the splendid underwater world of these rich waters (snorkels and fins are provided)
- Early wake up call by the birds of Komodo island. After breakfast on board we visit Komodo island. Here we make a walk (1 hour) with a local ranger in search of the Komodo dragons. During your visit also wild buffalo, deer, pigs and various species of tropical birds like the Cockatoo can be seen.
- Departure to Sumbawa Besar a visit to the Sultan’s Palace of Bima. Outside Bima a stop at salt panning. Onwards to via Dompu past the coastal road to Sumbawa Besar. At this city a visit to the Sultan’s Palace of Sumbawa Besar
- Hotel/Villa Transfers in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- All gov taxes
- Lunch: Seafood and Chicken BBQ onboard, with seasonal salads and sides
- Morning & Afternoon Snacks, Sliced Tropical Fruits, Soft Drinks, Water
- Snorkel Equipment in variety of sizes
- Diving Equipment * (with diving package)
- Fishing Equipment for fun line fishing
- On board Sound System
- Cruising Permits for all passengers
- Boat Fuel & Certified Skipper and Crew/Host
- Vessel to Shore Tenders
- Life Jackets
- Alcohol available on board and paid for on consumption
- International/domestic airfare
- Soft drinks and alcohol beverages
- Land tour and entrance fee
- Personal travel Insurance
- Gratuities to guide and crew
- Onboard telecommunication