Tampak Siring Village & Gunung Kawi Trek
It is not ordinary trekking, It is beliefs as mystical trekking where you will start from one of oldest village in Bali. Start early morning around 08.30 am from Balinese traditional village known as UNESCO Heritage site with it is Pakerisan valley and green rice paddies where irrigation control by cooperative water management system of canals and weirs known as Subak.
Subak enlisted as UNESCO Heritage Sites is a traditional ecologically sustainable irrigation system that binds Balinese agrarian society together within the village’s Bale Banjar community center and Balinese temples then continue to cross Pakerisan river to walk to another side of the village with it is rice paddies.
Highlight of the trek is pre-Hindu candi temple complex still breathes the atmosphere of ancient legends and long lost tales of forgotten Balinese kings who lived in an obscure but important period of Balinese history.
The ten candis represent the largest and the best preserved examples of the 15 candis presently known in Bali. It’s very likely that there are more of these typical candis in Bali, buried by a succession of seismic events and landslides, awaiting discovery.
The candis are believed to be constructed in the 11th century (1080 AD) in honor of his father, the great Balinese ruler Udayana. Contrary to what is often believed, the candis are not tombs, for they have never contained human remains or ashes. Here you will have chance to have purification bath at Mengening temple with the holy spring to clean your body and soul.
After 3 hours trekking we will invite you to enjoy typically traditional food in the Balinese house compound own by respective Balinese Hindus priest family known as Balinese traditional healer in Bali.
TREKKING ITINERARY :
- 06.30 – 07.00 am : We will pick up at your hotel in Ubud ,Kuta,Nusa Dua and Sanur area by private air conditioned car .
- 08.30 am : Arrived at starting point in Tampak Siring village, introduce to the guide at local house of Balinese family .
- 08.45 am : Start walk in Subak with is rice paddies around the village then we will cross the river in Campuan and reach Campuan hill where you can see from distance the Pakerisan valley ; Unesco heritage site
- 09.45 am : Then continue to walk in rice paddies of the village with temples near by
- 10.45 : Cross Sinuraja river to walk to another side of the villages and walk around beautiful rice paddies then we will stop to enjoy young coconut refreshment
- 11.45 am : Continue to walk down to mystical valley with Candis compound of Gunung Kawi temple known as Unesco Heritage Sites in Bali. The candis are believed to be constructed in the 11th century (1080 AD)
- 12.45 pm : Mengening temple will be our finish point where you can also have purification with it is holy spring .
- 01.00 pm : Lunch at Balinese house compound with traditional food .
- 02.00 pm :Return to your hotel.
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING :
- Hat and glove (if available), Trekking shoes, sun block.
- Short /Long pants, Camera and extra T-shirt
ACTIVITIES DETAIL :
- Temperature : 25 – 30° Degrees
- Trekking duration : 3 – 4 hours.
- Distance : approx. 8 – 9 km
- Activity level : Medium
PRICE INCLUDES :
Private/Non sharing return hotel transfers with private Air conditioned car (Nusa Dua ,Kuta,Sanur,Ubud)
Donation to Subak & local village during trekking
Balinese traditional food for Lunch
Local English speaking trekking guide
First Aid Kit
Personal expenditure such as tipping for guide and etc
Juice and soft drink